Seagate at PAX
Date: 27 – 29 October 2017
Location: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Attendees Profile: Gamers, Cosplayers, Avid Gaming Fans
We coordinated the following activities by Seagate at PAX:
- Hard Drive Competition
- Free Custom T-Shirt Printing associated with Brother Garment Printer
- Gaming Challenge
- PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) public gaming
- VR Racing set up
- Seagate T-shirt free giveaways
- Seagate have given free giveaways such as BarraCuda and FireCuda figurine toys
- Maxibon giveaway (in alliance with Avant Gaming)
- We had 80+ entries in Hard Drive competition
- 190+ participated in PAX Survey
- The winners of the Hard Drive competition were selected and announced in Facebook and Twitter (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Created a PAX AU video for this event
- The event was also posted on Chris “Mayo” Smith and MSY Technology Facebook Pages
The Gap Agency furthered this campaign by engaging key influencers that would be present at the event, coordinating Seagate’s involvement in nine PC mods that were to be showcased.
These mods appeared across social media posts and publications in the following weeks, accentuating Seagate’s exposure to an extended audience. Some key examples of this work:
GGFLAN – Stuart Tonks: Deep Cool Quadstellar Chassis
Likes – 12K
Shares – 13K
Views – 830K
This has been posted to more than 20 different Facebook Pages (Tech YES City Power Clone Medellin, Downs Hacker, Deep Cool Brasil, The Master Gaming and Nerd Tec), the time-lapse video build reached a total of more than 1.5 million views, 20K shares and 15K likes
Technology and Gaming – Ethan Cooper: The Mighty Q
Likes (Facebook) – 31K
Views (Youtube) – 4.4K
- There are more than 10 different posts about The Mighty Q mod build.
- The Mighty Q Mod inspired by the game Quake: Champions was showcased in PAX Australia 2017 using Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Hard Drives.
- The mod was shared on the TeamGroup Inc, Facebook Page and was featured on the AMD Facebook Page and Blunty.TV YouTube Channel.